Monday, May 12, 2014

Fried Avocados



I love avocados.. and was looking for something different to do with them.  Somewhere I saw a recipe for fried avocado tacos.  I didn't try the recipe but the idea stuck with me.  The other day I had two avocados that were getting a little too soft so I thought I'd try frying them up.  Delicious!! Easy to do too.
Here is how I did mine:

2 Haas avocados
salt
flour
eggs
panko bread crumbs
oil for frying

Half the avocado, remove the pit and the skin.  Cut each half into thirds.  Salt the avocados.
Have your dipping station ready.. one bowl for the flour, one for the beaten eggs (I add a little water to mine) and one bowl for the panko.  Have the oil hot.  I heated my oil in a sauce pan- sort of like a deep fryer but a frying pan with a couple of inches of oil will work too.
Gently coat the avocado segments with the flour then into the egg  and then with the panko.  Ease them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, this should only take a couple of minutes.  Drain on a pan lined with paper towels.  Sprinkle with salt when fresh out of the fryer.
I served them at room temperature with a side of both ranch and blue cheese dressing.  I also found that the ranch sprinkled with a little hot sauce was really good.
This is a great appetizer or snack.
The left overs I refrigerated and found that they don't turn dark and tasted just as good cold.
I hope you all will try this.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP